Sunday, September 22, 2024

Blog Post #6

 EOTO Technology 


One presentation I found very interesting was the invention and timeline of Netflix.  Netflix is something that I use almost everyday, and I know many people are the same way.  It is by far one of the most used streaming services.  Something new I learned from the presentation was called "The Netflix Effect", which is a phenomenon that Netflix series can have an effect our real life. Something new I learned from this presentation was that when Netflix first started it was very similar to redbox. It started off as a DVD rental company, but eventually evolved to streaming. Netflix has expanded so much over the years that now they even produce their own TV shows and movies.


Another piece of technology that I found very interesting was cassette tapes, and how they evolved over the years. They were first invented in 1962 and really didn't start to have a downfall until the 2000's, which shows how successful this piece of technology was.  While when I was growing up they weren't really making these tapes anymore, I did own a sony walkman and cassette tapes passed down from when my cousins were growing up. While we don't really have a need for them nowadays due to the convenience of our smart phones, at the time cassette tapes were life changing.  It was the first time you could make music portable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #7

 The Age of AI     AI is something that has more recently become extremely abundant in our world.  While AI may have just started having an ...